Thursday, July 30, 2009

Group library available for Zotero users

Those who use Zotero 2.0 to manage their research and bibliographic citations may be interested in the collaborative group library I've set up for us. Anyone can click through and view items in the library, but to get the most out of it, and to contribute items of your own, you will need to set up a Zotero profile and be using Zotero 2.0. If you're not familiar with it, Zotero is a free add-on to the Firefox web browser. It is a bibliographic tool (like Endnote but free) designed by and for academics (George Mason University & the Mellon Foundation). I highly recommend it.

I have started the group library by adding several items, but I have not systematically gone through my library for every horse-related source, so the results are still a little eclectic. I'm eager to see what sources others might be able to add.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. I haven't upgraded to Zotero 2.0 or explored the sharing much as I'm still trying to get my collections and tags into a state where I'm not embarrassed to show them to other people! I'm nearly there now, so I'll probably join the group and start adding stuff next week. I see you and Karl Steel also have a more general animal group, which looks really good.

    ReplyDelete